Another year gone by too quickly. And another year where I am grateful for all the wonderful blessings and amazing life we get to live right now.
Mommy's working today, so it's dad son time at the library. pic.twitter.com/atA6ys1m7s— Latish (@Latish) September 8, 2018
- On the personal front, being a dad turns out to be a great source of joy, and a continuous learning experience for me. I am getting better at it, and look forward to hanging out more with Dev as he grows older.
- I was pretty regular with meditation, and exercise. I am almost down to 150 lbs, which might be the best shape that I have ever been in.
- I read a lot less that I would like. There is not much time to do anything after coming back home besides hanging out with Dev.
- I shipped Read My Book Notes earlier this year. It’s a dedicated website to host my book notes. This was the only side project I shipped, and it’s something I wish I was doing better at. I did work on a couple more ideas on and off during the year, but none of them are mature or close to shipping.
- I did not spend any time learning any new languages, or musical instruments. These are both things that I would love to do, but I have a time problem right now.
- Working as a consultant has been going really well. I improved my AngularJS/Angular chops a lot, and feel fairly proficient on those platforms.
- I dabbled with playing golf, basketball and tennis. I also tried shooting for the first time. These are all things I would like to explore more next year, though being an absolute beginner in most of them is downright painful sometimes.
- I would also like to be able to cook more things, and grill food for my son. This will be high on the list of goals for next year.
I hope you all had a great year as well, and have a wonderful 2019.