I can’t believe it’s already been a whole year since I wrote the last Shipped post. The year started a bit rough for me, but I think I am still really blessed and lucky with everything I have in my life. The big highlights for this year were:
- Buying a house
- Changing jobs (and my primary tech stack from .Net to NodeJS). I joined a startup fulltime, and it’s been a great learning experience so far.
- Shipped SqlSmash 2.0
- Started meditation, though I have had a few months where I was very irregular with it.
- Visited my family in India for a month and succeeded in giving them my complete attention while I was there. I have been much more mindful and present this year, and I think meditation has helped with this goal a lot.
- Exercising regularly. I even joined a crossfit gym for a month, but in the end decided that it was way too intense for me.
There are some things that I started working on, but did not make enough progress.
- I started journaling using the 5 minute journal, but just stopped doing it along the way. I need to revisit this and see if I can retry this in another format.
- Author a Pluralsight course. I cleared the audition process, but have failed to come up with a good course idea and record it.
For next year, I need to try and
- Figure out the future for SqlSmash.
- Explore other passive income avenues.
- Author a Pluralsight course.
- Live each day more intentionally rather than be reactive to the situations around me.
I am still thinking through my goals for next year, and suppose it’ll be a continouously evolving list. I hope you had a wonderful 2015, and have a great 2016.