Read On: May 2016
Reading Time: 4 hours
The War of Art emphasizes the resolve needed to recognize and overcome the obstacles of ambition and then effectively shows how to reach the highest level of creative discipline. Whether an artist, writer or business person, this simple, personal, and no-nonsense book will inspire you to seize the potential of your life.
- It’s not the writing part that is hard. What is hard is sitting down to write. What keeps us from sitting down is Resistance.
- Any act that rejects immediate gratification in favor of long-term growth, health or integrity will elicit Resistance.
- The more important a call or action is to our soul’s evolution, the more Resistance we will feel towards pursuing it.
- Procrastination is the most common manifestation of Resistance, because it’s the easiest to rationalize.
- If you find yourself criticizing others, you are probably doing it out of resistance.
- Fear is a good indicator of what we need to do.
- A professional does not take Failure (or success) personally.
The book felt good to read, but being familiar with Seth Godin’s writings, and the Power of Habit, there was not a lot of new information in here for me. Hence the lower rating. The book came highly recommended though, so as with most books, your mileage will vary depending on what you have read before.