Boy! This year went by fast. It was an exciting year both on the personal and professional front.
The biggest change was our son Dev being born in June.
I am now a dad! Dev Sehgal was born on Friday. Both Mom and Baby are doing well. pic.twitter.com/ss1ytqwTBj— Latish (@Latish) June 7, 2017
I am enjoying being a dad, though it does leave less time for geekier pursuits. Our puppy Dexter also continues to be a blessing, and we love having him as part of our family.
Dexter was part of our family photo session this week. pic.twitter.com/DNAc5wyLRi— Latish (@Latish) May 4, 2017
- On the professional front, I left my job at the startup and went back to consulting as a full stack developer. That has worked out well so far, and I am enjoying getting back in consulting and working with a bigger team.
- I continued to meditate, and dabbled in learning Chinese and playing the ukulele. I would like to do much more of all these 3 things, but right now they tend to be lower priority compared to the other things going on.
- I played with React Native a lot, and also got up to speed on AngularJS/Angular for work.
- I exercised regularly and practiced intermittent fasting as well, which helped me lose about 10 more lbs than last year.
- I read around 12 non-fiction books, and a lot of fiction as well.
- I continued to ramp up my learning about basics of finances
- I am very close to shipping out a smallish new side project: Read My Book Notes. It’s a dedicated website to host my book notes.
I am very grateful for the life and blessings we have right now. There’s always room for improvement though. Next year, I would like to:
- Spend more time with the ukulele.
- Level up my expertise with Angular.
- Learn how to grill.